Saturday, June 26, 2010

All you need is love:

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes is certain for those who are friends - Richard Bach

Friday, June 18th, 2010 will be one of those days that I will never forget.

My dear friend Mirka was married to Dragoslav, the love of her life.

The weather offered a blessing with beautiful sunshine and a soft summer breeze for their four o'clock outdoor ceremony at Chateau Montebello.

I was so nervous as Mirka had asked me to read a passage she and her fiance had chosen to include during their beautiful ceremony.

When Mirka asked both myself and another longtime friend of ours to read at the ceremony, I was pleasantly surprised. Her wedding party was small and intimate so I was so very touched and happy to be a part of her special day.

Yet in that same moment, I was terrified... I am not the best public speaker, I always go red when I must speak in front of any crowd.

Good thing though, she quickly let us know that her fiance would make sure we had cards to read off of so then my panic subsided a little.

I didn't think we would be included in the wedding party, so it touched me deeply when she and Dragi decided to include us in this special way.

The passage was "The Art of Marriage" by Wilferd A. Peterson. It was beautiful and I could definitely relate to the words and the meaning behind them.

And when it came time to read it, I felt good because I was sharing in my friend's special day. And with just one look at her as she walked down the aisle, I could see how happy she is with this man who loves her so deeply.

I can only hope that when that day comes, I will look and feel as radiant and loved as she did, as that is all anyone can ever hope to be: happy and well loved.

So even though I was nervous, speaking in front of a crowd was easy as we all felt the love that the couple shared with each other and with their family & friends.

The ceremony was so special, the officiant was really on the ball and kept things moving along until the moment we were all waiting for - asking the groom to kiss his bride before introducing the happy couple to the crowd.

The warm summer evening was magical - dinner and dancing along with many wishes for health, love & happiness.

I cannot explain how much love I felt in sharing with my friends on their special day.

I hadn't expected to enjoy myself quite as much as I did as I worry about the way I look or what others might think of me; but this time, I just focussed on the love I felt for my friend of many years and celebrating their marriage with her and the man who loves her.

And I think it was the best wedding I've ever been to - relaxed, fun and definitely a memory I will cherish forever.

Wishing love & happiness as the bride & groom enjoy their honeymoon cruising through Europe for the next twelve days.

Stay posted for photos coming soon.

Until next time :)

No comments: