Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Journey into the Unknown...

Yesterday was a pretty productive day for me.

I've been in the process of changing jobs in the last week, so it has been a little hectic. The new position is data entry for Passport Canada.

Of course like many of the government positions, I'll be there on contract through an agency, but it was an opportunity I just couldn't turn down... My first day of training was Monday and although the trainers and the session were great, they had neglected to inform our agency that we needed to get security clearance processed directly through Passport Canada, whether we had security clearance or not. My enhanced clearance is valid until 2010, and I've successfully cleared reliability testing in the government selection process in the past. It was just a little frustrating as I had to make a second trip yesterday to show my original birth certificate so the project manager could make a photocopy and process my clearance package. Until all of our clearances are processed, we are not allowed to work due to the nature of the position and information we will be handling.

So after dropping by the Gatineau office, I made my way back home. I had taken the camera with me, as although it was a bit cloudy, I thought it would be a good photo day... Here are some photos I snapped while crossing the bridge back to Ottawa.


It was close to 11am when I turned off the main road to park a little ways from the path to the river not too far from my house. I grabbed my camera, a bottle of water and my cell phone and wandered down the path to the water. I thought it might rain as it was a bit hazy, but it held off while I was meandering.









Once I finished my short walk and photo taking, I wandered back to the van to get back home where I met up with my sister who was waiting for the school bus with my niece. Once my niece was on her way to school, we grabbed some timmy's, came home and cleaned the kitchen up. At the end of the day, my Mom passed by to visit for a cup of coffee as she had been shopping in the city, we had dinner and then played some scrabble on www.facebook.com

I am currently working on a quote layout after cleaning my crafting space again this past weekend, and hope to post it soon.

Until next time :)

No comments: